Thames & Kosmos
Simple Machines by Thames & Kosmos # 665069
- Through 26 model-building exercise, gain hands-on experience with gears and all six classic simple machines: wheels and axles, levers, pulleys, inclined Planes, screws, and wedges.
- Durable, modular construction system is compatible with building pieces in other construction, physics, and engineering kits from Thames & Kosmos.
- Learn how simple machines are all around us (the flagpole at school, the wheelbarrow in your backyard, The seesaw at the playground!) and how they're used to make complex tasks easier to do.
- Includes a specially designed spring scale so that you can measure how the machines change the direction and magnitude of forces.
- A 32-page, full-color illustrated manual guides model building with step-by-step instructions and provides fun, engaging scientific information.
Pickup available at 26 S. Main St.
Usually ready in 4 hours
Shipping & Returns
Items will ship within 2 business days
Shipping cost is calculated by weight:
Up to 1lb= $5
Up to 4lbs= $12
Up to 8lbs= $16
*Flat rate excludes Alaska, Hawaii and several islands. Flat rate also excludes some larger items, which are noted in their Product Page
*$5 First Class Shipping will ship in a soft package, in which case, package damage may occur. If you would like to receive your package in a box, you may add this product to your order for upgraded shipping.
Returns accepted within 30 days; customer pays return shipping